Saturday, January 26, 2008

Three for the Price of Uno

Quick recaps of The Runway..


Episode 7- What A Girl Wants
The Challenge: Some bitches from a prep school have the designers make their prom dress.


Christian had the worst of the lot, some ho who thought she was all up in the game and critiqued every bit of the monstrosity that was created for her.
Christian was not without blame, as he totally gave into the major bratitude and almost quit.
I think he secretly created the piece of poop the girl was stuck wearing just to make her the Carrie of the prom set.


All of the dresses were really craptastical.
The girls looked super matronly and could have purchased something better at Chicos for shit's sake.
Chico's, it's my jam.


Anywho, the least craptastical in the judge’s eyes was Victorya's blue, bedazzler.
I can't say I had a favorite as I thought all of the dresses made me want to vomit.



The most vomitous of all was I'm Not Gay.
Dude, girl looked like she was mother of the freaking bride in a Vegas shotgun wedding and the only store that was open was Burlington Coat Factory.
Bad.
Because of this and all of I'm Not Gay's many atrocities, he was aufed.
But not before he told all who would listen that they would see his collection one day and he was gonna reach for the stars and catch em.
I was waiting for some random in the audience to yell, "You suck!" in the stunned silence that followed this declaration of lunacy.



Episode 8- En Grade!
Randomly selected team challenge.
Each team had to create an avant-garde outfit based on their model's hair.
Yep.
I said based on hair.
The teams were later told to create a second, ready to wear outfit, based on the avant-garde design.
This one actually ended up being kinda cool.
Except that Kit was paired with Crytardo and that = all kinds of bad.


Rami also ended up looking like complete turd as he took Sweet P to the mat.
Although Sweet P is kind of pusstastic.
She doesn't stand up for herself and is really, very passive.


Anywho, her ready to wear dress was super cute and got an A+ from the judges.
Since Rami decided to take on the avant-garde piece, for the most part by himself, the judges gave him a thumbs dizown.



Chris and Christian.
Lordy, lordy, lordy.
The avant-garde dress was somethin', somethin'.
Ridiculous, really.
I wanted that dress for my high school reunion.
Andie freaking Walsh wanted that hott piece to bug out Blane.
Christian is a genius bitch of a designer, plain and simple.
Chris helped but you know it was all that little midge with the Japanese Harajuku Lovers haircut.
The judges agreed and gave those dudes the high five and Christian immunity for the next challenge.


Dudes.
I know I hate Jillian with a severe passion but the coat she created was dope.
That is all I am going to say about that.



Kit.
Muy, muy triste.
I don't understand what she was trying to do but whatever it was it did not translate into good.
I can't even blame the dress on Crytardo.
Everything else yes, but the dress was all Kit.
It was bad.
Like Holly Hobbie, Strawberry Shortcake and Scarlett O'Hara's dresses morphed into one and out came a poop patchwork.
So sad.
Kit got the boot and that blows cause I liked her.
In her interview with Entertainment Weekly, Kit took responsibility for the poop patchwork but she also said that she never received any direction from the judges.
I agree.
They never praised her nor did they give her constructive criticism.
Read more here.




Episode 9- Even Designers Get The Blues

The challenge this week was to have the designers create an iconic look using Levi's and white cotton all the while giving props to the Levi's 501 legacy.


Christian.
As usual the dude blew my mind.
He made a jean biker type jacket, took some jeans, made new jeans and used the old jean jacket's sleeve to make the bottoms of those jeans.
Priceless.
Totally ruled.


Sweet P really surprised me.
She created a dress that did not look like it was made out of jean.
It was chic and simple and really cuuute.
Credit Tim with letting Sweet P know that making a jean wedding dress a la Stevie Nicks circa 1983, would not have been great idea.



Okay.
Um.
Crytardo was in my good graces for two seconds by making a very decent design.
There, I said it.
Then I lost the love when he cried for the nine billionth time this season.
Stop. fucking. crying!
Just like your variety of clown hats, it does no one any good at all.


Jillian.
When asked about Christian, Jillian said that he was immature.
Half way through the show, Jillian cries because she keeps poking herself with needles.
Then she cries cause she was too ambitious because she decided to make a jacket. Again.
Then she continues with the zero personality tour.
Immature. Why don't you wake up and smell what you shoveling?
At the runway, The Poodle gets berated by the judges for her poor judgment and design and I am happy for two seconds cause I cannot stand her.
She is, in a word, boredom.
She can design and dress (with the exception of the overalls), but she is absolutely void of anything.
Am I done, hells no.
No me gusta the poodle, no me gusta por vida.


In the end, Victorobot is out.
I can't say that I am not pleased.
Crytardo won and cried.
I can say I was pleased by the design but not by the crying or the hat.
Or his teeth.


Next week, six are left and I see Christian taking this thing to the bitter end.

No comments: