Sunday, January 27, 2008

2008 SAG Awards

SAG Awards were tonight.
Kinda lackluster but people dressed up and that should count for something.
Um, did I tell you how much I love the Daniel Day Lewis?
The dude is a freaking amazing and humble actor.
A couple of days ago he was on Oprah for the 2008 Academy Award Nominees show.
He spent his time praising Heath Ledger and mourning his loss.
Tonight in his acceptance speech, he honored Heath Ledger again and dedicated his award to him.
Here is the speech in its entirety:

DANIEL DAY-LEWIS: Thank you. I’m very, very proud of this. Thank you so much for giving it to me. And I’m very proud to be included in that group of wonderful actors this year.

You know, for as long as I can remember, the thing that gave me a sense of wonderment, of renewal, the thing that teased me with the question, how is such a thing possible, and then dare you to go back into the arena of one more time, with longing and self-doubt, jostling in the balance. It’s always been the work of other actors, and there are many actors in this room tonight, including my fellow nominees who have given that sense of regeneration and…

Heath Ledger gave it to me. [applause] In “Monster’s Ball,” that character that he created, it seemed to be almost like an unformed being, retreating from themselves, retreating from his father, from his life, even retreating from us, and yet we wanted to follow him, and yet we’re scared to follow him almost. It was unique. And then, of course, in “Brokeback Mountain,” he was unique, he was perfect. [applause] And that scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything that I think I’ve ever seen. And I’d like to dedicate this to Heath Ledger. So, thank you very much. Thank you so much. [applause].

What a classy dude.



Another classy dude is Ryan Gosling.
Yep, he is totally a hott piece and a good actor too.
He and his sister, his date for the evening, wore black ribbons in remembrance of Heath Ledger.


I guess other stuff happened like some other people won in the other categories.
Here is the list of the winners as well as a brief rundown of the show.



I know, I know, what the hell were they wearing?

Well, rumor has it that Angelina is pregnant with twins.
The dress she wore tonight did nothing to dispel those rumors.

The dress is vintage Hermès and no me gusta.
This looks like a really expensive hippie dress complete with tie dye and the ability to make me want hide in the fetal position in a corner.
I loathe hippies.
She does look happy and that's better then looking like she smells poo as she has been known to do in the past.

During the show, Brad and Angie were practicing their sexy time moves.


The photo above is very reminiscent of the Critics Choice Awards where the two were totally scamming at the table.
Angelina and Brad remind me of Caroline Mulford and Jake Ryan.
Remember that scene in 16 Candles where Randy and Samantha are in the locker room ogling Caroline?
You don't?
Well lookey what I got here to jog your memory!

Samantha:
I swear to God, Caroline Mulford
had to flunk about nine grades.

Randy:
Truly makes me ill.

Samantha
She's perfect.
Practically impossible to cut up.
She's supposedly real sweet.

Randy:
Brother's deaf, and everybody
in the world worships her.

Samantha:
And she's going with Jake.
Oh, I'm gonna kill myself.

Switch out Caroline for Angelina and add something about saving Africa, then switch out Jake with Brad and it all makes sense.
Do you see it?
I totally do.
Totally.



America Ferrera was at the awards too.
She looked very perty wearing Monique Lhuillier, whose name I cannot pronounce to save my life.
I loved the dress and hair and have to say this was much better then last year's green number, which I thought made her look frumpy.



Oscar nominated actress Ellen Page was present at the SAG Award for her work in the Juno.
She looked all right, wearing Zac Posen, who mi gustaria mucho.
I think she looks like she feels a bit awkward wearing dresses and just learned how to walk in the heels for the first time.
I mean, I guess I should cut the girl a break, she is Canadian.
Yes, that is the last time I will make a comment about Ellen Page being Canadian and that somehow makes her a complete retard or something.
I think she's swell.



My girl Tina Fey looked smokin' hot tonight in an Alberta Ferretti cocktail dress.
She won an award too and I think I saw Ryan Gosling giving her the sweet eye.
Nice.




The Beckinsale wore a Luisa Beccaria gown and I think looked very pretty albeit a bit pale.
Beckinsale is a knock out though and according to Claire Danes not so cool.
During the filming of Brokedown Palace, Danes said that she hoped to make friends with Beckinsale but “That was wrong. We didn't. She's complicated. She's prickly".
At the time, I was Team Danes.
I now realize that I was drinking the My So Called Life Kool-Aid, was all up in Claire Danes' grill cause she was freaking Angela Chase and that Kate Beckinsale probably saw what a skeezer Danes would become and stayed clear of that hose beast.
Okay.
Um.
Yeah, so here's Kate looking sassy...




Does Michelle Pfeiffer ever age?
Ever?
She wore a Versace dress with matching Christian Louboutin shoes and I am so a fan of that Christian Louboutin.



Cate Blanchett.
Girl is preggers and I do not like the dress.
Blanchett is my girl but this dress just ain't happening.
I feel like it looks like a comforter that was on sale at Ross.
She will step it up at the Oscars, I mean throw me a freaking bone Blanchett.


Dude, welcome to my favorite sandwich.
The Bardem and The Mortensen.
Delish..




Really, that was it.
Remember, The Academy Awards are on February 23.
There will be someone wearing something super craptastical, there just has to be….



**Photos borrowed from People.com with the exception of the Jolie/Pitt scamming session and Gosling, which was borrowed from PageSix.com

No comments: