Thursday, December 27, 2007

What's the Skinny? It Ain't Jack's Lip.. #4.5

Hey dudes..

This week, each designer was paired up with a lady who had recently lost a significant amount of weight.
Their challenge was to create a new outfit using a pre-weight loss outfit of the ladies choosing.
The new outfit should show the skinny ladies style and personality along with the designer’s own style.

This episode was another bore.
Seriously.
Three exciting things did happen though.
One. Jack left the competition due to a Staph infection on his lip that made him look like I do when I eat a butt load of a lot of gum and shove that mound into my upper lip.
I liked Jack.
He was funny and quirky and he seemed to really enjoy himself.
Plus his designs were pretty rad.
I am bummed he left but happy to report that he is Staph free and humping Dale from last seasons Top Chef.

I heart the Dale mucho so this is good news.

Second exciting thing, the PR brought back Chris to replace Jack.
Chris was thrilled at a second chance.
He came in a day late so he was allowed to stay up 24 hours to complete the design that Jack started.
Chris came through, finished the design and made it into the biggest piece of cartoon, costume crap I have ever seen.
Dude, you got a second chance.
Tim told you to stay away from the costume design but you still go there like a whore to a pimp.
This woman should be showing of her new svelte self not cower in darkness at the thought of someone, anyone seeing this disaster.
The panel, including the hott piece that is Patrick Robinson, tore Chris a new one but let him stay around cause they didn't want to look like they made a bad decision bringing him back.



Third exciting thing, Christian.
This kid is fabulous.
I heart him.
His model had lost a significant amount of weight but not her bitter, somber attitude.
The woman brought nothing to help in Christian's design, except to tell him that all that she wears now is anything black and her jeans.
So homeboy takes in her old jeans to make them a size 2 , creates a super fabulous jacket, gives her an up do and relays to her that he cannot design an ass for her so be happy with what she has.
With that, Christian won the competition thank you very much and I was stoked.
Done and done.


The loser of this episode was Steven French Stewart.
The dude got f'd, sort of.
His lady wanted a new outfit created out of her 1980's lace, beaded, polyester, pooftown wedding dress.
Yes there was a lot of fabric.
Yes it was a challenge and a half.
But as the all-knowing Michael Kor's said on the PR blog, "One of the biggest challenges that any designer has to face is really appreciating the material that you’re working with. Regardless of what the lace was made out of, the possibility is that lace is a very versatile fabric. You can make a lot of different garments, whether its polyester lace or not. I think he showed a full lack of imagination, and I think he missed the whole mark of being inspired to feel a certain way when you look at something. A wedding dress, I don’t think you need to make another gown out of it, but my God, anything’s possible."
So Frenchy, you screwed yourself.
The outfit Steven created was a real piece off doo doo.
He lacked passion and creativity and his squinting was getting on my freaking nerves so I am oh so happy he was let loose.




A few observations:
I have a deep dislike for Jillian but aside from that and her koolats, the girl can dress.
Her outfit during the runway was faboo and I despise her all the more for it.


I love Kit, she seems like a good egg.
She is beginning to come out as my number one aside from Christian and Ravi.


Next week Christian seems to be getting on people's nerves.
Actually, next week is two weeks from this episode so we have to all wait till then to see why people seem to hate the young, fashion designer hobbit that I lurv.

No comments: